Strictly Come Dancing’s Shirley Ballas cancer scare after finding lump

Shirley Ballas has discovered a lump on her shoulder (Picture: ITV/Shutterstock)

Strictly Come Dancing judge Shirley Ballas has revealed she is awaiting test results after doctors discovered a lump on her shoulder. 

The TV star, 60, has said the cancer scare came after she battled coronavirus earlier this year, testing positive for Covid-19 in March.

‘I got the Covid virus and then they found a ganglion cyst or a tumour in my shoulder,’ Shirley explained to The Mirror

‘I am going backwards and forwards to the hospital all the time. I feel I seem to be getting sicker by the minute. I can’t seem to get up and out.’ 

Shirley explained that doctors have found ‘something between two bones’ but they’re not yet able to determine what it is. 

‘They have done the dye and the MRIs plus this and that. I get the results in a few weeks. The gentleman seems to think it will be fine but, still, it is worrying,’ she said. 

It’s not the first time the Strictly star has faced a health scare. 

Shirley Ballas at Strictly Come Dancing

Shirley has overcome two cancer scares in the past (Picture: Rex)

Shirley removed her breast implants two years ago after a growth was discovered in her chest. A month later, doctors found cancerous cells and said they’d need to do a colonoscopy to examine her bowels.

The disease is also in Shirley’s family as her mum Audrey was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2019, her grandmother had several procedures to combat the disease and her aunt also battled it.

Earlier this month, Shirley hinted at her health concerns when she shared photos of her in hospital. 

She told her followers at the time: ‘Good morning, how’s your day going? Mine started with the hospital visit.

‘So here we go again, in the hospital, with a shoulder and arm [problem] and I’m trying to find out what it is.’

After undergoing her surgical procedure to remove the breast implants in 2019, Shirley praised how supportive her boyfriend, Daniel Taylor, had been throughout the ordeal.

‘When I had the breast surgery, he drove for six hours, got here at 2am and then came with me to the hospital. He was there when I went under, he was there when I woke up and then drove six hours back to do his show,’ she revealed.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Posts