Louis Smith had the judges thrilled with his performances (Picture: ITV & Rex)
The Masked Dancer UK has crowned its winner, with Carwash coming out on top and being unmasked as Louis Smith.
Asked why he decided to take part, Louis explained: ‘I love the singer version, I love dancing and I love performing.’
‘My character is so fun and full of energy and is such a laugh,’ he added, admitting it was difficult to keep the secret.
What were the clues?
- A red Ferrari
- A busted car wash sign
- Is ready to pop bubbles
- They like to perform
- They’re ready to ‘let it shine’
- Didn’t have a typical childhood
- Returned to their early interest
- Hinted at reality show past
- Joined members of boyband and girlband
- Inspired young people
- Asked to say a meaningful word in their own voice, Carwash said ‘hot tub’
- ‘Double trouble’
- They said they ‘let it shine’ – potentially a Take That clue
- They have a connection to skiing
- There was a pigeon gatecrashing the set for one performance
- Given a peek into their dressing room, judges saw some dice and a comic book-themed T-shirt
The final episode of the series came after a string of double eliminations, with Knickerbocker Glory being revealed as none other than Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood, while Frog turned out to be Kelly Brook.
Before then, pro dancer and Diversity star Jordan Banjo, singer and media personality Louise Redknapp, and Burlesque performer Dita Von Teese were unmasked.
The Masked Dancer is based on the wildly popular format of The Masked Singer, which has seen stars including Sophie Ellis Bextor, Mel B, and Nicola Roberts compete.
The Masked Dancer is available on catch-up on the ITV Hub.
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
For more stories like this, check our entertainment page.
Follow Metro.co.uk Entertainment on Twitter and Facebook for the latest celeb and entertainment updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here.