Jemima has thrown down her asparagus with predictions for the next year (Picture: SWNS /Reuters)
A fortune teller who predicts the future using asparagus has revealed her top forecasts for 2023.
Jemima Packington, 65, claims to be able to divine knowledge of the future by tossing spears into the air and interpreting how they land.
Over the years she has correctly predicted major events such as Brexit, as well as Harry and Meghan stepping down as senior members of the Royal Family.
Several of her predictions for 2022 – such as Croatia winning the World Cup and Boris Johnson clinging on as Prime Minister – had less success however.
This year she has predicted the Lionesses will continue on from their Euro 2022 win by bringing home the Women’s World Cup, and added that The Conservatives will hang onto government.
The Asparamancer has also said there will be a health scare for Princess Anne – which comes just a few months after she predicted the Queen’s death when she saw a broken crown in her spears.
She also said rationing may be considered due to food shortages, and more people will return to growing their own foods.
Jemima correctly predicted Brexit and the Queen’s death in the past (Picture: SWNS)
Last year she predicted Croatia would win the World Cup (they finished third) and that the Oscar for Best Film will go to ‘The Power of the Dog’ and Benedict Cumberbatch will be nominated for Best Actor.
Sadly neither were correct. She also said Keir Starmer wouldn’t stay on as leader of the Labour party.
Jemima’s full predictions for 2023
- The Lionesses will bring the Women’s World Cup home, and Sarina Wiegman will be awarded an honorary Damehood.
- Gareth Southgate will receive an award in His Majesty’s New Years’ Honours.
- The Government will hang on but will be under ever-increasing pressure to grip the economy. Further devaluation of the pound will not be acceptable.
- People will become savvier with food shortages on the horizon. Rationing may be considered.
- Following this people will return to growing their own foods. Gardens will be dug over and allotments will be even more popular.
- Agricultural labour will soar amongst the unemployed.
- The Winter of Discontent amongst Unions will try the public’s patience and sympathy. It will cause unrest between the haves and have-nots.
- More Royal births will be announced.
- The Kings Coronation will be a joyous occasion for all those participating. A bright spot in a dark time.
- Turmoil in the Far East as a result of super plague Covid. Tensions between countries will be highlighted.
- There will be a removal of royal titles.
- Princess Royal will have a health scare which will show the public just what a hard-working and dedicated member of the Royal Family she is and not to be taken for granted.
- Concerns over Climate Change will be to the forefront once more.
- There will be unexpected deaths among Showbiz personalities. Not all age-related.
- Certain high-profile political public figures – not MPs – will be revealed as corrupt.
- More Hollywood A-listers will come out as gay. This will be quite shocking to the public in general – “Who knew”!
- Chelsea FC will go from strength to strength.
- RUFC clubs will continue to struggle with more going into receivership. A possible return to the player status being ‘semi pro’ may have to be considered by some.
- Educational reforms will again be at the forefront, especially with University students who are not receiving the support they’re due.
- UK will not return to the EU.
In 2021, Jemima predicted Christmas celebrations would be a modest affair which was the case in many households as Omicron took hold.
In 2019, she correctly predicted cricket success for England, Big Brother returning to our screens and US romantic musical ‘A Star is Born’ winning an Oscar.
Before that she correctly foresaw Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, the Euro crisis and the credit crunch.
Jemima has predicted he Lionesses will be celebrating at the World Cup this year (Picture: Claire Jeffrey/SPP/Shutterstock)
She said the Conservatives will hang on to government (Picture: Getty)
According to her asparagus, Princess Anne will have a health scare this year (Picture: Getty)
Her other predictions for this year include Gareth Southgate getting an award in the King’s New Years honours, and that there will be more Royal births on the cards.
Jemima, from Bath, began making predictions aged eight and says she inherited the gift from her elderly aunt who used to read tea leaves.
She said: ‘My technique has not changed and I still cast the asparagus spears and interpret the patterns in them.
‘Seeing the patterns for me is instantaneous, possibly that is because I’ve had years of practice.
Jemima’s predictions for 2022
1. Despite all the bad press, Boris Johnson will continue as Prime Minister.
2. Covid and all its variants will be with us forever but everyone will learn to adapt and not let it get the better of us.
3. A brand new way of living will become the norm – working from home etc. but people will no longer accept shoddy services hiding behind the guise of the pandemic.
4. Entertainment and sports venues will find ways to progress while keeping everyone safe.
5. More sadness for the Royal Family; scandals and worse.
6. We will be shocked at the news of the unexpected demise of showbiz legends.
7. A review of the Nation’s Educational Standards will be carried out to make sure no child is left behind. More emphasis on vocational training will be introduced.
8. A return to times when foreign travel was an exotic luxury will be experienced. It will no longer be a regular occurrence and travel prices will reflect this.
9. The economy will rally and it will become a beacon of achievement amongst those countries unable to get to grips with their own economies.
10. Tense times will continue on the international front but conflicts will be avoided.
11. Adaptability will become the by-word in the leisure and service industries; they will embrace the change in people’s habits and will survive stronger than ever.
12. Sir Keir Starmer will not continue as leader of the Labour Party in a shock twist.
13. Sadly climate change will continue and fewer countries will be active in its reversal.
14. Recycling and upcycling will be the new fashion. There will be less waste of any sort. Barter will become a new trend.
15. Agriculture will progress well, and Vale of Evesham asparagus will continue to be recognised as the world’s best.
16. Croatia will win the World Cup in 2022 but the competition will still be beset by controversy.
17. Manchester City won’t win the Premier League, but watch out for Manchester United.
18. West Indies will be the surprise winners of the Cricket World Cup in Australia.
19. England’s Women’s Rugby team will have terrific success at their World Cup in New Zealand.
20. The Oscar for Best Film will go to ‘The Power of the Dog’ and Benedict Cumberbatch will be nominated for Best Actor.
‘I am usually about 75 to 90% accurate with my predictions. I go through my predictions each year and think: ‘Yep, that’s happened, yep, that’s happened.’
‘Occasionally I get one slightly off, where I haven’t quite read it correctly, but I’m never far off.
‘I predicted Boris Johnson would become Prime Minister about four years before he did and everyone laughed their socks off.’
To make her predictions, Jemima uses fresh Worcestershire asparagus grown in the Vale of Evesham – the UK’s main supplier of the vegetable.
She picks a handful of tips, tosses them into the air and ‘reads’ the shapes they form when they land.
Do you have any whacky predictions for 2023? Or have you got any unique ways that you use to help predict the future?
Do you agree with Jemima’s predictions, let us know your thoughts!
If so please contact our reporter Liam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at email@example.com.
For more stories like this, check our news page.