Brazil: Mum killed when firework got caught in clothes and exploded

Tributes have been paid to mum-of-two Elisangela Tinem, 38 (Picture: Facebook/ recordtv.r7)

A mum was killed ‘in front of her children’ when a firework got caught in her clothes and exploded at an event celebrating New Year.

Elisangela Tinem, 38, died from wounds to her chest as there was no time for anyone to remove the explosive.

A murder investigation has been launched after the tragedy on a beach in Praia Grande in Brazil.

Partygoers screamed and fled after a ‘huge flash’ as 2023 arrived.

Mother-of-two Elisangela’s children are reported to have witnessed her horrific death.

Witness Luiza Ferreira, 20, told g1 Santos that a number of unauthorised fireworks displays were taking place on the beach.

‘I saw a huge flash just as it turned midnight and I was hugging my mum and then everyone started screaming’, she said. 

‘I saw a woman lying on the ground bleeding when I went to look and the boy who was with her was also on the ground. Other people were running to get away from the area.’

New Year reveller killed as firework gets stuck in her clothes at beach display and explodes before family can remove it

Elisangela was celebrating New Year will her children (Picture: Facebook)

New Year reveller killed as firework gets stuck in her clothes at beach display and explodes before family can remove it

Footage was taken at the scene in Praia Grande, Brazil (Picture: recordtv.r7)

Tributes have poured in for Elisangela, who was laid to rest at a funeral this afternoon in Sao Paulo, the city she came from.

‘What a tragedy! May God comfort the heart of the whole family and give her eternal rest’, one person wrote.

Another friend wrote on social media: “I cannot believe what has happened. My love to all the family. Please God comfort your hearts at this awful time. I am praying for you.’

A cousin, 41, of the victim is understood to have told police the firework exploded after getting stuck in Elisangela’s clothes.

The person who sent the rocket up into the air is not thought to have been located yet.

It has been confirmed the pyrotechnic device had not been lit by the family.

A homicide investigation is now underway that is expected to lead to manslaughter charges.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check our news page.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Bocoran Slot Gacor

Slot Gacor



Demo Slot


akun demo slot pragmatic

Slot Gacor Gampang Menang

Slot Jackpot Terbesar

Slot Gacor Gampang Menang

slot rtp tertinggi hari ini

slot rtp tertinggi hari ini

slot gacor

slot bonus

slot deposit pulsa tanpa potongan

slot bonus

slot gacor

rtp slot

slot gacor


slot deposit ovo

slot gacor

pragmatic play

slot online yang sering kasih jackpot

RTP Slot

situs judi slot terbaik dan terpercaya no.1

slot bonus 200 di depan