POPULAR Twitch live-streamers Amouranth and Indiefoxx have been banned from the platform after sharing microphone licking videos.
Amouranth tweeted a bikini selfie to tell her fans about the ban which seems to be due to both streamers breaking Twitch’s rules on “sexually suggestive” content.
Streamer Amouranth had been licking her microphone as part of a new viral trend
Both Amouranth and Indiefoxx had been broadcasting the ASMR licking streams from their beds before their ban.
Both creators lay sprawled across their beds and wore what looked like the TikTok-famous leggings that are intended to accentuate curves.
According to The Verge, this the latest example of Twitch dictating what content is “too sexy” for viewers and advertisers.
Twitch hasn’t publicly explained the ban but it does have strict rules against streamers that “deliberately highlight” their “breasts, buttocks, or pelvic region.”
Twitch hasn’t explained why Amouranth was banned
Popular Twitch streamer Indiefoxx was also banned after streaming a video of her licking a microphone on her bed
Twitch does allow ASMR content on the platform.
It also previously said “being found to be sexy by others is not against our rules” but this means Twitch is now facing backlash for seemingly deciding what is sexy and what isn’t.
Streamers continue to push boundaries on the platform.
Most Twitch creators broadcast themselves playing video games, with fans able to chat with the streamer and send them money.
But the site also hosts other kinds of streams that aren’t necessarily about gaming – including some that involve the recent “hot tub” trend.
It’s unclear when Indiefoxx (pictured) or Amouranth will be back on TwitchCredit: Twitter
It’s been been slammed by some as being a perceived violation of the platform’s community guidelines, which specifically prohibit sexually suggestive content.
But the streams have proved enormously popular recently, with some of the biggest hot tub streamers pulling in hundreds of thousands of new subscribers in a matter of weeks.
Some critics say such videos have no place on a platform which skews to younger viewers.
According to Statista, as much as 38 per cent of all Twitch app users in the US last year were aged between 10 and 19.
It’s unclear when the Twitch stars will be back on the platform.
That means Amouranth has left over three million followers awaiting her return and Indiefoxx has left behind almost one million.
Twitch – the world’s biggest streaming site explained
Here’s what you need to know…
- Twitch is a website dedicated to hosting livestreams watched by millions around the world
- The platform is owned by Amazon and largely focusses on video game livestreams
- However, content creators also upload clips of themselves creating artwork or music, or simply having a chat
- Twitch boasts more than 15million daily active users watching clips streamed by around 3million creators
- Its creators make money through a mix of paid subscripions, advertising revenue and donations from viewers
- Some of the site’s biggest earners make millions every year, largely through sponsorship deals with big brands
- Twitch is worth an estimated £3billion
- Its biggest competitors are Microsoft-owned streaming platform Mixer, YouTube (which is owned by Google) and Facebook Live
In other gaming news, a bugged door that kills players instantly has been spotted in Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4.
London’s The O2 is being immortalised – in the video game Fortnite.
And, read our complete guide to Call of Duty 2021.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]